Friday, April 19, 2013

Expectations and Common Sense


We all have an ideal number in our head of where we want to be...size, weight, etc.  Whatever that goal is, we all have different ways of reaching it.  Eventually, if we're lucky, we hit it!  Then what? Well, some live happily ever after and that's that.  But for most of us, the tale is a little bit grimmer. Personally, I hit my goal, relax, and then before i know it, am halfway back to where I started.  Super frustrating!  The hardest part of making changes is realizing that change has to be more than a week of not eating certain foods, or a month of exercise, and for me now, a wrap every Monday or Tuesday.  The results are FABULOUS, with all of these things, but if I don't HELP them, I haven't helped myself.  I was the size/weight I was for a reason, who knows...stress, metabolism, love of pizza and beer, whatever!  And it seems the easier it is to reach the goal, the more I forget that I need to be responsible for keeping myself there or suffer the consequences.  I'm learning! Knowing that fact is half the battle...so, I am going to be responsible for maintaining my results, not just expect that things have magically changed forever.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment